- The Ani ng Dangal Awards recognizes Filipino talent who have won or earned the highest honors and recognition in competition and events abroad.
- The Ani ng Dangal Awards consists of 9 categories: Architecture, Cinema, Dance, Dramatic Arts, Literary Arts, Music, Visual Arts, Folk Arts and Multi-Disciplinary Arts . New categories may be added subject to deliberation of the Artistic Committee.
- The Ani ng Dangal Awards honors Filipino artists who garnered international awards and prizes from the previous year.
- The Ani ng Dangal Awards only recognizes legitimate award-giving bodies and/or competitions. The legitimacy is based on the recommendation of each committee. Others must be subjected to deliberation by respective committees.
- An international award won through mass voting i.e. online voting is not considered legitimate.
- Awardees must be natural-born Filipino citizens who either have the Philippines as their permanent residence, or have at least acquired enough years of residence in the country at the time of their win (subject to committee deliberation).